Following the Agency's reorganization in 2008-2009, and the subsequent transition into the Asset Management model, the facilities department was decentralized and staff was reassigned to individual Asset Management Projects (AMPS).
From the reorganization emerged a new Central Facilities department, which was created to address the need of highly technical services such as HVAC, Electrical, IT/ Communications and other specialized trades.
Central Facilities provides "contractor's grade" services to the Authority's AMP's for a pre-set fee for service, which is competitive with its equivalent in the private sector and using qualified, certified technicians. It also provides In-house skill training for other maintenance personnel
One advantage to the benefit of the Authority is being able to provide faster and more reliable services, with an "in-house" warranty and the convenience, confidence and trust that our staff provides to our residents for home service calls made while they are away or working.
The following is a list of the most common services provided by the department:
- New installation and replacement of heating and cooling systems.
- Emergency heating or cooling repairs, including commercial boilers.
- Commercial pressure vessels (water heaters, pumps, etc.)
- Major electrical work, including power outages.
- IT /Communications interface and infrastructure.
- Security & Fire Systems, CCTV, Fire Alarm Panels, Secured Access.
- Services are available to local government entities.
- Emergency response 24/7 as needed.